A lot has been written about cognitive supplements and nootropics in recent years. Herbal products, chemical products, and hybrid ones are flooding the market, and most interested users have their doubts and confusions. If you are someone dealing with insomnia, anxiety, chronic pain, and depression, and are wondering which cognitive supplements to take, you may want to consider kratom. Kratom is not illegal in the US, although state laws may vary. In this post, we are sharing 5 facts worth knowing about kratom.
- What is kratom? Kratom is a tree native to Southeast Asia. The scientific name of this tree is Mitragyna speciosa. The leaves of kratom are traditionally consumed as a recreational drug, primarily for its psychoactive effects. Kratom tea is very famed in parts of Asia, while the leaves can be also made into a powder.
- Is kratom safe? Kratom is known to work differently for different people. In general, when taken in lower doses, kratom is known to have mild effects and can improve mood and energy, while in higher doses, kratom can cause sleepiness and a sense of calm. If you want to consume kratom and this is your first time, we recommend that you go slow with the dosage.
- How to consume kratom? Thankfully, there are some amazing brands and online stores that sell all kinds of kratom products and supplements, and you can look for either capsules or powder. The good thing about capsules and tablets is the ability to take a fixed dose. You can also check the label of the product to know about manufacturer’s recommendations.
- Why do people like kratom? As we mentioned, kratom is known for its psychoactive effects, so many people use it as a way to manage anxiety, stress, depression, and insomnia. It also works as an herbal painkiller, and can have some benefit for those who are dealing with opiate withdrawal.
- Where to buy kratom products? Always check for the label, brand and strain details before you get kratom supplements. For instance, red kratom is known to be stronger, while green and white strains are milder. The products are also classified based on the source. Online stores allow you to choose between different varieties of kratom, and you can also select other nootropics and similar supplements.
Check online now to find more on kratom and don’t shy away from researching further. Just go slow and easy, to understand the effects better.