A painless clouding of the internal lens of our eyes is called a cataract. This condition blocks the light, so it becomes difficult to see. Cataract usually develops slowly and is an age-related problem. The cataract surgery singapore is done by experienced surgeons with the help of advanced surgery equipment.
Symptoms of cataract
The symptoms of cataract include:
- Blurry vision
- Objects appear faded
- Difficult to focus on dim light
- Glare and halos
The benefits of cataract surgery
Cataract surgery has the following benefits
- Your vision is restored
- Speedy recovery
- Pain and discomfort are minimal during the recovery period
- You can also correct any refractive error during the surgery
How do you prepare for cataract surgery?
- Before the surgery, your pupils need to be dilated, and for this, eye drops will be put on the eye that needs surgery
- Anesthetic eye drops will also be given so that it numbs the area for surgery
- The surgery is done under local anesthetic
Once the surgery is performed, you have to rest for about 1 or 2 hours before you leave the hospital premises. The surgeon will check on you again before you leave. A cataract is one of the most common eye conditions, and cataract surgery singapore is performed at the best facilities, and the patients are back to their normal routine within a few days.
So if your vision is giving you trouble in your day to day activities, then it is time to consult an ophthalmologist and get your eye examined without any further delay.