If you are considering teeth whitening treatment, it is important to understand what is involved before and after the treatment. Teeth whitening can be a great way to improve the appearance of your teeth, but it is important to take care of them properly both before and after the treatment in order to achieve the best results.
Here are some things you should know
Preparing for Your Treatment
Once you’ve decided on a treatment, there are a few things you can do to prepare for it.
- First, it’s important to have realistic expectations. Teeth whitening will make your teeth look brighter, but it won’t necessarily make them look perfect.
- You should also avoid consuming foods or drinks that could stain your teeth for at least 24 hours before your treatment. This includes coffee, tea, red wine, and dark-colored fruits and vegetables.
- Finally, it’s important to brush and floss your teeth before your treatment so that any food particles or plaque are removed. This will help the whitening gel to penetrate your tooth enamel better and achieve more evenly-colored results.
How to take care of teeth after teeth whitening
- One of the most popular cosmetic dental procedures is teeth whitening, which can help to brighten yellowed or stained teeth. While teeth whitening is generally safe, it is important to take care of your teeth afterward in order to avoid sensitivity and other problems.
- For the first 24 hours after treatment, it is best to avoid eating or drinking anything that could stain your teeth, such as coffee or red wine. You should also avoid smoking, as this can cause discoloration.
- In addition, you should brush your teeth gently and use a mouthwash designed for sensitive mouths.
By following these simple tips, you can help to keep your teeth looking their best after a whitening treatment.